Venue Phone: 530-848-9188
Congregation Bet Haverim
1715 Anderson Road
Davis, CA 95616
Host: Karen Crane telephone: 530-848-9188
Please note: Congregation Bet Haverim’s kitchen and buildings are kept kosher, and both meat and non-kosher fish are prohibited in CBH facilities. It is fine, however, to eat whatever one wants outside. For anyone wishing to stay on-site for lunch, tables and chairs will be set up in the redwood grove (adjacent to our meeting space in the Social Hall).
Parking: There is a parking lot on-site.
Transportation: The Sacramento Airport is a 20-minute drive from Davis; there also is an Amtrak station in downtown Davis. For those choosing not to rent a car, a local shuttle service may be reserved in advance to get you to and from the airport: Davis Airporter (530.756.6715, www.davisairporter.com). A variety of accommodations are available in and around the downtown area (about 2 miles from CBH). If using public transportation, there is a bus stop right in front (on Anderson Rd.); otherwise abundant parking is available on-site.
Prices below are via Expedia, Trivago, etc. My top recommendation is the Hyatt Place UC Davis (#1 below), which is a 15-minute walk from downtown via a walking path through the Arboretum (on the UC Davis campus), and less than a 10-minute drive from CBH. Please note that downtown locations are close to the train station, and you might hear the trains at night; Hyatt Place, La Quinta and Holiday Inn are farther removed . . .
- Hyatt Place UC Davis: from $294 per night; however as of 3/30/18, not accepting check-ins on 6/21 or 6/22 via Expedia, Trivago, etc. (4.4 miles/8-minute drive from CBH) . . . http://ucdavis.place.hyatt.com/en/hotel/home.html
- Holiday Inn Express Davis-University Area: from $207 per night (.8 miles from downtown; 5.7 miles/10-minute drive from CBH)
- La Quinta by Wyndham Davis: from $141 per night (.7 miles from downtown; 5.6 miles/9-minute drive from CBH) . . . www.lq.com
- Hilton Garden Inn Davis Downtown: from $233 per night
(downtown; 2.2 miles/9-minute drive from CBH)
- University Park Inn & Suites: from $132 per night
(downtown; 5.1 miles/8-minute drive from CBH)
Dining Options: There are 2 shopping areas within a short walk from CBH (one a block away, the other less than a half-mile) with a variety of restaurants and cafes for breakfast, lunch and/or dinner. There also is a beautiful grove of redwood trees adjacent to the Social Hall, where we will set up a few tables and chairs for anyone who wants to stay on-site for lunch. Please note that the Synagogue’s kitchen and buildings are kept Kosher; however it’s fine to eat whatever one wants outside.
Downtown Davis (about 2 miles from CBH) has endless dining options within a 6-block area.