Next week is the annual Week of the Young Child, hosted by our friends at the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC). This year, Music Together is proud to sponsor Music Monday, on April 24, to celebrate music in early childhood.
Enter Our Music Monday Giveaway
In honor of Music Monday, we’re giving away a Hey, Diddle, Diddle Singalong Storybook gift set. Enter now through Monday by sharing your family’s favorite song with us. Post it on Facebook with the hashtags #woyc17 and #MusicMonday and tag us @MusicTogether and you’ll receive an extra entry.
Celebrate by Making Music with Your Family
Here are a few musical ideas you can try to celebrate making music with your family—on Music Monday and every day!
- Download the Hello Everybody app for 8 free Music Together songs. (If you’re enrolled in Music Together, log in to access all of your semester music, too.) Share your favorite on social media with the hashtags #woyc17 and #MusicMonday. And don’t forget to tag @MusicTogether on Facebook.
- Try some Music Together karaoke with the Hello Everybody app and share your video on Facebook. Tag us, and if we feature yours, we’ll send you a musical gift.
- Check out these ideas for musical games from Music Together teachers.
- Make storytime musical. Here’s a short video with some ideas for bringing music into reading time.
- Take a deeper look at music-learning by taking a look through the Music Together blog or the Family Music Zone for enrolled families.