|Teaching > Workshop FAQs
- What prerequisite skills do I need to attend the workshop?
You do not need any formal musical or educational background in order to attend our training.
- What prequisite skills do I need to be able to teach the Music Together curriculum?
To pass the Teacher Training and become eligible to teach the Music Together curriculum in a parent-child or drop-off setting, you must demonstrate the ability to sing in tune, maintain accurate rhythm, and lead a group.
- Do I need to play an instrument?
No – your voice is your instrument!
- Will I be tested at the end of the workshop?
At the end of the workshop there will be a Song Leading Activity, in which you lead your fellow workshop colleagues in a song as you would in a Music Together class. This exercise will allow you to apply some of the strategies and teaching techniques that you have learned during the training, and give the trainer an opportunity to assess your ability to sing in tune, keep a beat, and lead a group.
- Does this workshop certify me as a Music Together teacher?
No. You are not considered a Music Together teacher unless you are teaching a licensed Music Together program. After passing the training, you will get a certificate stating that you have successfully completed our workshop.
- What should I bring and wear?
You will receive materials at the workshop – please bring your own writing utensils. Light refreshments will be provided, but feel free to bring your own lunch or snacks. Wear comfortable clothes suitable for movement.
- What are the hours of the training?
Day 1 – 9am – 7pm
Day 2 – 9am – 7pm
Day3 – 9am – 5pm
- Can I bring my child with me to the workshop?
No. Due to the overwhelming number of mothers who attend our training, we cannot allow children to attend the workshop.
- How can I qualify to teach the Music Together Babies, Big Kids, and Preschool programs?
Passing the three-day Music Together teacher training is the first step to teaching any of these more specialized classes. The next step is to purchase and study the teaching kit for the program you want to teach. Although, you may immediately teach the Music Together Preschool program, you must have six (6) semesters of experience teaching Preschool or mixed-age parent-child classes before you qualify to teach Babies and Big Kids classes.