- Learn a new way of thinking about children and music.
- Understand developmentally appropriate practice in music.
- Experience three demonstration classes for young children and their caregivers in order to sharpen observation skills.
- Learn new repertoire including songs, chants, instrument and prop activities, and movement activities, and learn how to lead them.
- Learn about the research-based Music Together curriculum design.
- Learn how to assess children’s music development and communicate this information to parents and caregivers.
- Learn effective classroom management techniques for children and caregivers.
- Learn how to design lesson plans with artistic energy flow.
- Learn how to lead rhythm and tonal patterns.
- Learn more about parent education and the importance of involving adult primary caregivers.
- Learn about becoming a licensed Music Together provider.
- Learn about Music Together apprentice and mentoring opportunities.
Continuing Education for Music Therapists: Music Together is an approved provider of the Certification Board for Music Therapists (CBMT) for 30 Continuing Music Therapy Education Credits (CMTEs). Credits awarded by CBMT are also accepted by the National Board of Certified Counselors. Click here for the CMTE application.
Continuing Education Units (CEUs) are available at a nominal fee, one unit awarded for every ten hours of participation—2.5 units for attending the complete workshop. Click here for the CEU application.
Two graduate credits are available through Webster University, St. Louis MO. Click here for details on graduate credit through Webster.
Please e-mail any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.