Music in School
Music at Home
- Music Together specialists teach music and movement classes weekly in cooperation with classroom teachers.
- Classroom teachers follow through on the weekly sessions, adapting activities to their curriculum needs and interests.
- Recordings, songbooks, and teaching materials are provided for classroom use.
Music Building Community
- Children “bring the music home” for parent/child musical play, sharing the songs and activities learned in school.
- Parents become involved through the Music Together recordings and songbooks given to each family and through special parent events at school.
- Parents really appreciate knowing what their children are learning—and joining in on the fun!
- Children learn from the model of music participation set by both parents and classroom teachers.
- Children, parents, teachers, and staff make music together at school-wide events.
- The music experiences provide adults with a new arena for observation, evaluation, and appreciation of the child’s cognitive, emotional, social, and physical development.
- The joy of extended family music at home and in school creates a natural circle of learning that builds parent/child, parent/teacher and parent/school relationships.
Printer-friendly version of the Music Together Preschool Brochure (PDF)