Be Part of Music Together’s
“One Little Owl” Music Video
We’re making a new music video of the Music Together classic “One Little Owl”—and your family can be part of it! All you have to do is film yourselves singing the song and send it in. We’ll create the final video using as many family clips as possible, and it will debut in the summer edition of our family e-newsletter. Plus, everyone who uploads a video will be entered into a drawing for some great prizes, including a free semester of Music Together!
Everyone who uploads a video will have the chance to win prizes, including the grand prize: gift certificate for a free semester of Music Together, a DonorsChoose.org gift card, and a gift for their Music Together teacher! Other lucky families will win copies of our Singalong Storybooks (including One Little Owl!) and instruments from our online store.
Grand Prize (1):
- A free semester of Music Together at the location of the winner’s choice.
- A $150 DonorsChoose.org gift card. On this site, public school teachers post funding requests and, with your gift card, your family will be able to choose the projects you would like to support. Many of them are music-related!
- A set of resonator bells or gathering drums (director’s choice) for the winner’s Music Together center.
- Copies of our Singalong Storybooks: Hello, Everybody!, She Sells Sea Shells, and One Little Owl
- Instruments from our store
- DonorsChoose.org gift cards
SHARE YOUR OWN LYRICS! WHAT DOES YOUR
CHILD WANT TO PUT IN THE TREE?
In your video, you are welcome to sing the published lyrics to “One Little Owl.” We also invite you to have fun making up your own versions of the song using new animals and their sounds. Ask your son or daughter what else could be in the old oak tree and what kind of sound it would make. A bee saying “buzz, buzz?” A birdie saying “chirp, chirp?” Be prepared to get silly, especially with your preschoolers! How about a dinosaur saying “roar, roar” or a dump truck saying “beep, beep”? Let your imaginations run wild!
- Looking for some inspiration? Check out our music videos for “Hello Song” and “Ridin’ in the Car.”
- Don’t know the Music Together version of “One Little Owl”? View a PDF of the music and listen to it below.
- Here’s a coloring page from the One Little Owl storybook that might spur your child’s creativity! Feel free to use it in your video if you’d like.
HOW TO ENTER
All you need to do is videotape your family singing your own unique version of “One Little Owl” and submit it to us here. To upload your file directly to our server, just click "Browse" below, then select your file and click "Open." After your video uploads, you will be taken to a form to provide your contact information and agree to the contest rules. It's that easy!
UPLOAD YOUR VIDEO CLIP HERE
Submissions will be accepted through June 30, 2013.
A FEW FILMING TIPS FROM MUSIC TOGETHER’S A/V DEPARTMENT
- Videos should be 3 minutes or shorter in length.
- Try to sing the song in the same key as the recording and song notation—just like you’ve been taught in class. If you have a piano at home, the starting pitch is D.
- Use the best camera you have (with a tripod, if possible).
- Avoid filming with a low-quality cell phone camera. (Only use your cell phone if its camera records VGA quality or higher video).
- Don’t wear white or “loud” patterns during filming.
- Don’t stand in front of a window!
- Minimize background noise: Turn off the TV, close windows, and sing the song a cappella.